Saturday, November 03, 2007

..paths..

A path was paved
The day I was born
I din't know it at the time
But a story had begun

Along this path
I discovered
Small routes
Taken by rodents
Escaping the hunter

Many a times
I contemplated escaping the chase i began
Retreating to the trees
And following the steps
Those before me had taken

As I look down
I remember once again
Why i chose this path

Suddenly I'm confronted
The hunter is catching up to me
And here I am stuck

I look ahead
I see two paths

One is marked with colour filled trees
I leaped at the path
Only to realise
A second in time
The end showing a grim destination

The other is dully black and white
The more I stared at it
My inner self rejoiced
I scolded myself
Second thinking, second guessing
My abilities, my passion to succeed

Suddenly
I hear the cracking of wood
The hunter nears me

I rush to decide
Not wanting to reach a destination i would regret
Not wanting to end this chase
Not wanting to go through the suffering

Tick Tick Tick
My heart races

The colourful path seems to become narrower
The dull path seems to become inviting
Will i regret this?

A choice was made
Will another path pop up?

Tonight..
A choice was made
No more second guessing

Instead
God?
Is this what you want?
Did i make the right choice?

Or will a trap instead
Make me fall
And end this chase

That began when this story started...

No comments: